Correct seated posture
We will go through the best way to be sat at the office to that we have the best posture for your spinal health and to aid your Chiropractic care.
We need to use all of the movements from Exercises 1, 2 and 3. To assume this position:
- Start by sitting down and placing your bottom as far back into the chair as you can.
- Place your knees at 90 degrees and your hips at 90 degrees to the floor so you are in an upright position.
- Engage your neck muscles to bring your head back, keeping the chin down and retracted (Exercise1).
- Engage your upper back muscles, to retract your shoulders, so they become in contact with the back rest of the chair and open your chest out (Exercise2).
- Engage your core muscles and preform abdominal breathing (Exercise3).
- Lastly tuck the chair in so you are close to the desk/table in front of you.
Now you have the Top 4 Exercises, you need to put them into action to break your poor postural habits and be happier and healthier.
Let us know how you have found these Exercises by commenting below.